My mother-in-law worked for many years at See’s candy, so the store holds a special place in our hearts. Before she passed away, she taught me her trick to make Thanksgiving sweet potatoes extra special. It’s now a staple that I make every year and the whole family looks forward to it. The secret is instead of regular marshmallows on top, use See’s Scotch Kisses…caramel covered marshmallows!
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Triple Sec
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 22 See’s Candies Scotch Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large stock pot, cover potatoes with water and boil until you can pierce with a fork. Drain the water. Add the sugar, Triple Sec, whipping cream, egg and butter and beat until creamy. Taste and adjust to your liking. Put potato mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- You can make this ahead and after bringing to room temperature, bake for 30 minutes instead of 20. Place the Scotch kisses on top of the potatoes and place back in oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until melted.